This pie is a Christmas time favorite; it's simple, does not require any baking, and tastes like winter! When I was younger my mother would make it every year and as I got older I began to be the chief maker of this green treat. This year among all the holiday craziness I forgot all about it and so did my mom. Yesterday she went out and bought all the ingredients and because she was going back to work today she asked me to make it, which I did willingly, of course. If you enjoy mint then you are sure to love this pie from our Betty Crocker Christmas cookbook.




I N G R E D I E N T S

Chocolate cookie crust (I just use the Oreo crust that you can find at any grocery store)
32 large marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup creme de menthe
3 tablespoons white creme de cacao
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
green food coloring if desired
chilled bowl






D I R E C T I O N S 

Heat marshmallows and milk over medium-low heat in a large sauce pan, stir constantly just until the marshmallows are completely melted. Refrigerate until thickened. Stir in the liqueurs with a whisk. Be sure to break up the marshmallow.

In the chilled bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff then fold in the marshmallow mixture and food coloring. Pour the mixture in the pie crust. For some finishing touches you can sprinkle the pie with semi-sweet chocolate shavings. Then cover the pie and refrigerate until set--at least three hours. Voila! Now grab a slice and a mug of hot chocolate and cuddle up in front of a Christmas movie to transport yourself back to that wintry time-but this time without all the stresses of shopping and gift wrapping!