Merry Christmas everyone! Today really snuck up on me this year, actually this whole year did! Goodness! We are back from Yosemite and we had such a great time! I love going to the mountains in the winter when they are all empty and quiet. So my loving boyfriend and I planned this little camping trip and got two of my siblings, my boyfriend's brother, my older sister's fiance, and a close friend of ours (the chef!) to come along and brave the cold. I have been to Yosemite plenty of times, and the more recent times have been day trips where we can only get in a few little hikes and walks before we have to drive back home. The basic little trails to the falls, mirror lake, and happy isles are the usual choices. 
The first thing we did was go straight to the Lower Yosemite Falls trail. I was expecting the little paved walk up and back, but the men had a different plan. About part of the way to the falls the guys, with an unspoken plan, began to walk off the path and towards a granite wall. My brother began climbing up the side of it, and the others started heading up this rocky hill. Before I knew it all the guys were up on a cliff and Caitlin and I were still down below, so we climbed on up too and the sight was beautiful!







After warming up in that sunny spot we climbed down and continued walking to the falls, the boys lined up and got one glimpse of all the rocks and I imagine that they all immediately planned out a rock hopping path to the base of the fall which they all promptly saw through. I love that this little group was made up of family from all over, and all the guys did their outdoorsy man things, like chop up huge branches for fire wood, climb and go off trails, and bond all weekend long. Such a fun and quiet little break from all of the holiday craziness. Hope you all have a very Merry day full of love and JESUS!