I am the sister, and I have never blogged my words before. Typically I have just posted pictures, or beautiful quotes about love or becoming one with nature--here, have some.

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." -Robert A. Heinlein

"I will take the sun in my mouth and leap into the ripe air alive with closed eyes to dash against the darkness." E. E. Cummings

I am a Political Science major, and a lover of problem solving and figuring things out, I like to connect the dots--oh this event in history happened because of this, and all of that led to this and how people see that! But, I do not want to go to law school (which is always the second question after they ask about my major) I want to instead explore styling and design. While in church one Sunday this past fall I caught myself rolling around thoughts in my head; shoot, I need to get a job this summer, what should I do? I should do something that helps build my resume for my career. But, wait, what do I want my career to be? I do not want to work in an large company office behind a computer, I'm awful with computers! Ughhhhhh! Okay, what do I love to do? And then, it dawned on me, everyday while getting deep into Plato's Republic and Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, I would start squirming to get up and make things. I lacked a lot of typical craft things here in my apartment, so I would end up baking. My roommates would tell me that I love to bake, but I think that I just love to CREATE and that baking does the trick. In just an hour after I have begun, I have made something from hand fulls of little nothings.

So, for this blog I will most likely post things that I have built, or things that are beautiful and inspiring--if I was not so deep in the suburbs of Los Angeles I would love to flood this with nature and such, but that will mostly fall to my sweet sister who can be in it, snap it, and then tell you all about how it got there (geology). For me, I'll stick with God, food, crafts, cats, maybe some political science spewing, and on lucky occasion, nature.