I am so grateful for my roommates who put up with me and the endless things I put our apartment through. I clock in a lot of hours in the kitchen and do so in a hurricane like fashion, I rearrange things and never ask if they are okay with me doing so, and I constantly bring in sticks, leaves, and really anything on the ground. 

I had a bundle of sticks lying around since my fall semester and the other day I thought it would be so great to do something with them. I really do not have time to spare on things other than homework, but in true Jocelyne form, when I get an idea, that is all I can seem do. Plus, I have been living by this mantra, that we should all take time to rest in our passions. So I, now feeling better about how I spent my afternoon, give you this super simple wall hanging. 


What you will need:
  • Leaves or any kind of foliage that you wish to hang. Get a little wild and go climb a tree or dig around outside! 
  • Sticks! Really, go climb a tree, or snag some branches from a bush. Easy.
  • Some string. I used some cotton twine and some thread (pictured below).
  • Scissors

First tie the bundle of sticks together, tie a knot on one end and then tie a knot on the other end, be sure to leave enough twine between the knots to hang the piece up. 

Next tie the foliage to the sticks, you can tie them at any length. I did mine longest to shortest, but any order would look great!

Lastly, find a fun place to hang it! This is a really lite wall hanging, so any kind of hanging device should work. I cannot use nails here, so I used some wall putty, which from a distance looks like it could be a white tack. 

And that's it! Happy makings!